My Recovery Playlist Part Two



A little while ago I published a post called “My Recovery Playlist” and because music has helped me so much I thought I would continue with this idea. I love music and as someone who loves to write I am particularly drawn to the lyrics. So in my recovery playlist you will find songs for when you need to feel less alone, for when you want to feel a bit more understood, when you want to cry and when you want to smile for once. These are songs for the hopeful and those who feel hopeless. These are songs which continue to help me and I hope they will help you, in some way.

1.      Eyes To The Sky – Jon Bellion


Anxiety dance across my pillow case, my god it dances—it’s like, 1, 2 step. It’s asking stupid questions like, "Are you living right?" Such stupid questions because I'm just trying…”

2.      This is Gospel – Panic At The Disco

“This is gospel for the fallen ones locked away in permanent slumber assembling their philosophies from pieces of broken memories.”

“The gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds but they haven’t seen the best of us yet.”

3.      I’ll Be Fine - Clairy Browne and the Bangin' Rackettes


 

    “I left better behind to be fine.”

4.      The Fear – Ben Howard




  
     “I been worryin' that my time is a little unclear
I been worryin' that I'm losing the one's I hold dear
I been worryin' that we all live our lives in the confines of fear.”

5.      Ten Thousand Words – The Avett Brothers


“And I know you need me in the next room over but I am stuck in here all paralysed for months I got myself in ruts too much time spent in mirrors framed in yellow walls.”

“But their good times come with prices and I can't believe it when I hear the jokes they make at anyone's expense except their own. Would they laugh if they knew who paid?”

6.      Breathe Me - Sia


“Ouch, I have lost myself again. Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found. Yeah, I think that I might break. Lost myself again and I feel unsafe.”

7.      The Cave – Mumford and Sons

“And I'll find strength in pain. And I will change my ways I'll know my name as it's called again”

“So make your siren's call and sing all you want I will not hear what you have to say 'cause I need freedom now and I need to know how to live my life as it's meant to be.”

8.      Favourite Day – Bombay Bicycle Club


“We can find some common surface to put all our worries on. We can pour them out, or let them drip then split them one by one. They can dry out, let them lie out
In the eyes of the morning sun”

9.      1-800-273-8255 - Logic


“It's holding on, though the road's long and seeing light in the darkest things and when you stare at your reflection finally knowing who it is”

10.  Secret For The Mad – Dodie 

“You're not gonna believe a word I say. What's the point in just drowning another day. And I get that I don't get it but the world will show you that you won't regret it”

“Little things, all the stereotypes they're gonna help you get through this one night and there will be a day when you can say you're okay and mean it”


Comments

Popular Posts